It is difficult even for adults to be able to pinpoint the organs in the abdominal area and to tell the exact location of the pain. When it comes to children, it may take a little longer to diagnose, since it is more difficult for them to describe the exact location of the pain.
The complaints of children about “my stomach hurts” should not be underestimated. Abdominal pain can be a symptom of very serious diseases.
- Rotavirus, which is broadcast in the winter months, affects many children and causes abdominal pain.
- Food poisoning is manifested by vomiting, as a result of excessive diarrhea, salt and water loss occurs in the child.
- Urinary tract infections are manifested by burning of urine in girls as well as uncircumcised boys. Often a feeling of abdominal pain occurs.
- Constipation causes pain in the lower left abdomen. The displacement of pain is an important symptom.
- Intestinal knotting can be seen even in infants. Babies who awake from sleep due to abdominal pain should be taken to a health facility immediately.
- In cases of appendicitis in girls, abdominal pain may occur due to the ovaries being in the abdomen.
When surgery is needed to treat such ailments, pediatric surgeons come to work. The most common disease is appendicitis.
Appendicitis Surgery in Children
The appendix is an organ that is the extension of the large intestine in the region where the small intestine and the large intestine meet. As a result of the obstruction of the narrow inner cavity of the appendix for any reason, inflammation begins in the part behind the obstruction. This is called “appendicitis”. Pain, anorexia and vomiting towards the lower right abdomen are the main symptoms. If the appendix bursts and the inflammation spread into the abdomen, fever also occurs. Since the eruption of appendicitis is a more dangerous condition, it is important to perform surgery beforehand.