Erectile disfunction (impotence) is a disease that means not getting enough erectile eruption in the penis, and ending before reaching saturation. It is one of the most common sexual dysfunctions in men. It causes the satisfaction and pleasure of couples from sexual life to decrease or disappear altogether. This situation especially affects men’s quality of life. It may also be a symptom of other diseases. For example, it can occur as a result of a heart and vascular disease that causes the penis not to get enough blood.
- Anatomical disorder in the penis
- Cardiovascular diseases such as arteriosclerosis, peripheral vascular diseases, heart attack, hypertension
- Diseases such as diabetes, kidney failure, cirrhosis, high cholesterol
- Neurological diseases such as epilepsy, stroke, MS
- Lung diseases such as COPD and sleep apnea
- Endocrinological diseases related to thyroid diseases and sex hormones
- Urological diseases such as Peyronie’s disease
- Psychological problems such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, sexual performance anxiety
- Chemotherapy or radiotherapy processes
- Blood and Urine Tests: Tests for hormone levels and blood count related to blood tests, cholesterol and diabetes diseases.
- Color Doppler: Blood flow analysis from blood vessels in the penis.
- Ultrasound: Investigation of poor blood flow or disorders of the internal structure of the penis.
- Biotesiometry: Test of nerve function that provides erection as a result of arousal.
- NPT (Nocturnal Penile Tumulus) Test: Determination of whether an erection occurs during sleep with a special device placed around the penis.
It is possible to be treated with erection drugs that provide penis hardening.
Who can not use these drugs?
- Those with severe cardiac disorders
- Those who have had a myocardial infarction in the past 6 months
- Those with liver or kidney failure
- Those with retinitis pigmentosa
Side effects of drugs
- Defect of vision
- Loss of appetite
- Nose fullness
- Pain in the back and leg muscles
- A feeling of redness on the face