Prof. Dr. Ane Crespo Cuevas
Dr. Ane Crespo is a renowned Spanish board neurologist, bringing to Dubai the best scientific practices from Barcelona. she helped build the Neurology Department by adhering to the highest world-class standards and guidelines of the European/ American Neurology Society.
Dr. Ane worked as Head of Movement Disorders Department in Barcelona, a 1000 bedded Hospital and in UAE as Head of Neurology Department at Burjeel Hospital Dubai.
Dr Ane Crespo specializes in Movement Disorders, Tremor, dystonia and Parkinson’s disease She completed her graduation from the University of Basque Country (UPV) in Spain with High distinction in year 2011. She conducted her higher specialist training in Neurology with high distinction in the Hospital Universitari Germans trias i Pujol in Barcelona and Movement Disorders specialization in Westmead Hospital in Sydney, Australia.
She was awarded her Doctorate for research in University of Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB): Ultrasonography signatures in Movement Disorders and Dementia. She also was awarded for the best rate in neurology in Barcelona.
Dr Ane Crespo has also been an eminent academician and writer of many research articles and journals in Europe and Australia. She has authored and co-authored more than 37 publications in high-impact factor journals. During her research times, she has also taught classes on Neurology and Movement Disorders across different countries.
She is an expert diagnosing and treating neurological disorders, doing brain and cervical ultrasounds, and treating patients with advanced Parkinson’s disease with therapies such as subcutaneous apomorphine and duodopa intestinal gel pump and treatments like BT injection for facial spasms, cervical dystonia, hypersalivation or multiple cranial nerve blocks for chronic facial and head pains.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered:
- Movement Disorders like shaking, tremor, rigidity.
- Expert Advanced Parkinson’s disease treatment with therapies such as subcutaneous apomorphine and duodopa intestinal gel pump.
- Migraine and all other types of Headaches.
- Vertigo and dizziness.
- Epilepsy, seizures & convulsions.
- Facial palsy.
- Alzheimer’s disease.
- Nerve Conduction Studies , EMG and EEG.
- Stroke risk analysis and expert in treating acute stroke cases with Intrarterial Thrombolysis and mechanical Thrombectomy and their management.
- Multiple Sclerosis management other CNS inflammatory diseases.
- Treatment of Myasthenia gravis, Guillain Barre Syndrome.
- Tingling, numbness, weakness and pain.
- Diabetic polyneuropathy.
- Sleep disorders and Restless leg syndrome.
- Lower back pain and sciatica.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia.
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome.
- Double vision-Diplopia.
CERTIFICATES AND MEMBERSHIP
- Member of the International Parkinson and Movement Disorders Society.
- European Academy of Neurology.
- Spanish Neurology Society.
- Certified for Ultrasonography for diagnosis of degenerative and vascular disease.
- Certified for Botulinum toxin for movement disorders and headache.