Dr. Nazim Alrifai
Specialist General Surgeon
- DOCTOR of MEDICINE Damascus University 1994.
- SPECIALITY (MD) in General Surgery, Syrian MOH 1999.
- MRSCI (MEMBERSHIP OF ROYAL COLLEGE OF SURGEONS IN IRLAND).
- ATLS (advanced life trauma support, American college of surgeon.
- Surgeon of excellence of bariatric and obesity surgery from American surgical review corporation. 2019
- Certified program in Mediaarthistory, Danube university of Krems, Austria.
- Obesity and Obesity Surgery:
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Bypass
- Bariatric Revision Surgery
- Endoscopic Baloon Insertion
- GI Surgery:
- Gastric Surgery
- Small and LArge Bwoel Surgery
- Gerd and Hiatus Hernia Surgery
- Endocrine and Throid Surgery
- Gall Bladder and Biliary Tree Surgery
- Hernia and Abdominal Wall Surgery
- Aabdominal Emergency Surgery
- 2015-2018 Chair of scientific committee of Emirate laparoscopic and endoscopic society.
- Member of IFSO(international federation for the surgery of metabolic and bariatric disorders)
- Memberof EMA,emirates medical association.
- Member of royalcollege of surgeon of Ireland.(MRCSI).
- Member of Syrian Medical Association.
- Member of Kuwait Medical Association.
- Member in Syrian Association of General Surgeons.
- Member of the Syrian Association of laparoscopic surgeon
- From 2017-now : A surgeon of Excellence in obesity and the program director of the bariatric center , as a Center of excellence in obesity surgery . and A surgeon of Excellence in laparoscopic surgery ,Zulekha Hospital ,Sharja ,united Arab emirates
- From 17-7-2013 -2019: Senior specialist general surgery,and surgeon in bariatric unit ,Rashid Hospital, UAE.
- 8-november 2009—to 2013. Consultant In General Surgery: Damascus Hospital .
- 2000—01/11/2009 :Aladan General Hospital, MOH ,Kuwait.
- Teaching experience :
- 2016 –Now lecturer in Karl Landsteiner university of health sciences and medicine ,Krems , Austria.
- July 2013 –to date, senior lecturer and examiner at Dubai medical college .
- 2019-now : adjunct professor ,medical college , Sharja university .
- September 2009—to 2013: lecturer at faculty of medicine, Syrian
international university for science and technology (private university).
- September 2010 –to 2013: clinical instructor and co-ordinator consultant for medical teaching in the university Hospial. for the medical students of
the same university.
- Member and coordinator of scientific committee of the general surgery
residency program in Syria.
- September 2010 –to 2013: clinical instructor for the medical students of the