Dr. Iyad Abuward
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery. University of Santiago de Compostable. Spain.
- Specialist Board Certificate in Nephrology by the Spanish Ministry of Education and Culture.
- University Expert Certificate in Fabry Disease. University of Alcala de Henares. Spain.
- Master Degree in Interventional and Diagnostic Nephrology. University of Alcala de Henares. Spain
CLINICAL EXPERTISE & SERVICES OFFERED:
- Prevention and Early Detection of kidney diseases
- Hereditary kidney diseases
- Kidney stones
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Hypertensive nephropathy
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic kidney disease and end stage kidney disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney transplantation: preparation, and follow up
- Temporary hemodialysis catheter both femoral and jugular
- Permanent hemodialysis catheter both jugular and femoral
- Permanent catheter removal
- Fistula ultrasound
- Member of Emirates Medical Association Nephrology (EMAN).
- Member of the Spanish Society of Nephrology.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Transplant.
- Member of the Galician Society of Nephrology.
- Member of the Interventional Nephrology Working Group of the Spanish Society of Nephrology.
- Emergency Consultant in the Emergency Department. University Hospital Complex of Santiago de Compostela. Spain. From 06-2010 to 04-2014.
- Specialist Nephrology in the University Hospital Complex of Santiago. May 2017.
- Specialist Nephrology in Emirates European Hospital. UAE. 2019-2020.
- Consultant Nephrology and Medical Director, AMSA renal care. 2020.
- He is also a member of the committee that draws up a consensus document on the use of ultrasound in nephrology in Spain.
- He has multiple scientific publications in international nephrology journals and is a peer reviewer and member of the Editorial Board of several International and regional Nephrology journals including Saudi Journal of Kidney Diseases and Transplantation (SJKDT).
- He has also been a collaborating professor in the area of Medicine at the University of Santiago de Compostela from 2010 to 2019.