Dr. Debashish Sengupta
- M.Ch Urology (1994) – JJ Hospital, Bombay University
- DNB Urology (1994) – National Board, New Delhi
- M.S. Gen. Surgery (1991) – KEM Hospital. Bombay University
- DNB Gen. Surgery (1991) – National Board, New Delhi
- M.B.B.S. (1987) – Seth G S Medical College, Bombay University
- Consultant Urologist and Andrologist - Head of the Department of Urology – NMC Specialty Hospital Dubai, UAE
- Radhibai Watumull Hospital, Mumbai
- Guru Nanak Hospital, Mumbai
- Paramount General, Mumbai
- Lecturer in Urology at Sion Hospital, Mumbai
I joined the department of Urology in NMC Hospital Dubai in 2003 after being in private practice in Mumbai since 1995. Prior to that, I was a lecturer in Urology in a teaching hospital in Mumbai.
In 2005, I was shifted from NMC hospital to NMC Specialty Hospital as head of department with the mandate to develop the Department of Urology there. I was successful in not only introducing complete endourological work, but also developed the urodynamics laboratory there, making it a referral unit for the same in the private sector in Dubai.
I was also successful in introducing the Holmium laser surgery for stones and prostate in NMC Specialty Hospital Dubai, from 2006.
I have also developed the RIRS techniques using the Holmium Laser. RIRS is an excellent alternative to PCNL and much less invasive and risky for large renal calculi.
I also specialize in male infertility surgery and have extensive experience with Low Intensity Shock Wave Therapy (LESWT) for male erectile dysfunction.
Before coming to Dubai, I had an extensive practice in Mumbai, India.
I have been attached to the following:
- Indian Medical Council
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Emirates Medical Association
- Urological Society of India
CLINICAL EXPERTISE & SERVICES OFFERED
- Complete renal stone disease management – both open and endoscopic, including flexible ureterorenoscopy for larger kidney stones and ESWL
- Endoscopic prostate surgery – TURP and Laser prostatectomy
- Endoscopic and open surgical management of stricture urethra and bladder outlet obstructions
- Management and treatment of male infertility and erectile dysfunction
- Complete urodynamic evaluation of neurogenic bladder problems
- Urogynaecology services like management of stress and urge incontinence, management of vesicovaginal and ureterovaginal fistulae