Developing procedure and treatment protocols is a crucial step in relieving pain. Pain Management as a specialty is concerned with the prevention, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of painful disorders. The diagnosis relies on a thorough history and pain – oriented physical examination, including interpretation of diagnostic tests, and may require specialized diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Dr. Ali Zahran is a Canadian trained pain management consultant who treat over 90 painful conditions including musculoskeletal pain, neuropathic (Nerve) pain and complex pain, including lower back pain, whiplash injuries, complex regional pain syndrome, post-amputation pain, and other peripheral neuropathic pains.
- Low back pain
- Spinal stenosis
- Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Cervical and lumbar facet joint disease
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy (Pinched Nerve)
- Sacroliliac Joint disease
- Failed back surgery pain (FBSS) / Post – Laminectomy Neuropathic Pain
- Neuropathic (Nerve) Pain
- Head pain / Occipital neuralgia (Scalp/ Head pain)
- Hip pain
- Intercostal neuralgia (Rib Pain)
- Peripheral neuropathy (Diabetic nerve pain)
- Complex regional pain syndrome (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy – RSD)
- Herniated discs and degenerative disc disease (discogenic pain)
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder and knee arthritic pain (osteoparthritis)
- Myofascial Muscular Pain
- Post-Surgical pain.
- Cancer Pain (Pancreatic, Colorectal, Lung, breast & Bone)
- Pain from peripheral vascular disease
- Post – Herpetic neuralgia (Shingles Pain)
- Nerve entrapment Syndromes
- Spasticity related syndromes/ pain
- Spinal Cord Injury (Central Pain)
- Pelvic Pain
- Back Pain Treatments
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Caudal Steroid Injections
- Celiac Plexus Block
- Cervical Steroid Injections
- Disc Denervation
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Disc denervation
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Injections
- Ganglion Nerve Block
- IntraDiscal Electrothermal Therapy
- Joint Injections
- Knee Joint Injections
- Medial Branch Blocks
- Non – Opioid Medication Management
- Occipital Nerve Block
- Opioid Medication Management
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Trials
- Stellate Ganglion Block
- Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block
- Sympathetic Bloc
What are the chances of Success of a pain management procedure?
As with all medical and surgical procedures, no guarantees can be offered, as the benefit derived will differ from person to person, dependent upon many different physiological variables.
Our pain management procedures carry up to 80% success rates, however, it is almost impossible in pain management to provide valid and/or reliable statistics due to the high number of subjective variables, patients history, condition, age, symptoms, other medical conditions. Etc. A patient’s case and treatment options will be discussed in detail during consultation with Dr. Ali Zahran.
Treatment modalities revolve around the following:
- Interventional Pain Management
- Non – Surgical Disc Decompression
- Counseling & Rehabilitation
Persistent Pain is an escalating public health problem and effective treatment of pain is a priority and that treatment often involves the use of one or a combination of agents with analgesic action.
Intractable pain is a major cause of suffering and disability in our society. To live every day with severe pain is an extremely adverse experience that challenges every fiber of an individual’s being.
We have helped thousands of patients who have coped admirably well.