Emirates specialty hospital offers an elite medical imaging services using the latest MRI and 128 multi slices CT scan machines. Applying the sophisticated applications to achieve a highest level of diagnostic accuracy, minimizing the examination timing and ensure less radiation exposure such as CT coronary angiogram for early detection of vascular stenosis or threatening occlusion in order to prompt intervention along with imaging of various body parts including skeletal bones and joints using 3D images.
Exercising in Ramadan:
- Exercising and fasting in Ramadan help lose weight, burn fats and build muscles, especially in cases of severe obesity.
- Exercising helps the liver perform its various functions which are important for the body, such as secreting bile, which helps reduce fat in the body, and storing sugar for use when needed.
Skincare during the Holy month of Ramadan
Fasting is usually equated with fatigue and dehydration. In fact, the opposite is quite true for skin health. The Japanese scientist Yoshinori Ohsumi won the Nobel prize in 2016 when he proved that fasting cells spark a rejuvenation process termed autophagy. Autophagy is a “reset button” for the body’s internal cycling of the cells.
Constipation is a common problem in Ramadan. It occurs because of eating low-fibre foods, low water intake and lack of movement.
- Drink a lot of water; you should drink at least 10 cups of water per day.
- Eat high-fibre foods such as vegetables,
Mouth and throat infection:
Mouth and throat fungal infections are common in Ramadan due to lower water intake, dehydration, and taking a lot of sweets and stimulants after iftar.
The infection is manifested in white patches on the tongue and inner cheeks, cracks at the corners of the mouth, difficulty in swallowing,
When your children can fast?
It’s related to children’s age, health condition, and mental state. Parents know best what their children’s capabilities are.
- Children are recommended to fast after becoming 10 years old taking into consideration fasting arrangements and steps.
- Parents must observe their fasting child if any signs of fatigue or exhaustion appear then he/she shall break his fasting.
Heartburns in Ramadan
- Reduce the consumption of Black pepper
- Do not lie down right after eating. Our bodies are made to digest food in an upright position and lying down while your body is trying to digest food can lead to indigestion.
- Avoid sweets and heavy fatty food like;
Kidney pain in Ramadan:
Kidney pain is a health problem that increases in Ramadan due to lack of water and eating salty foods.
- Drink enough water; you should drink at least 10 cups per day.
- Eat fruits and vegetables with high water content.
- Do not add a lot of salt to food.
Pregnancy and fasting tips
It is recommended not to fast during pregnancy and breastfeeding, but it is possible to eat and drink well and feed your baby well during this time if you do fast.
If you choose to fast, here are 6 tips to eat well and stay hydrated during the hours you can eat and drink during Ramadan:
- Plan ahead.
Tips for who has Arterial Hypertension during Ramadan
- Fasting is considered safe, effective and endurable for Arterial hypertension patients
- It’s recommended to keep the drug therapy during Ramadan with low-salt low-fat diet
- Avoid diuretics without doctor supervision especially in tropical regions as they are considered risky
- It’s preferable to take blood pressure drugs that are given once a day
- In cases of irregular blood pressure,